Seafood Company and Big Easy Oyster Bar Background
Big Easy Grill and Oyster Bar is housed in the historic Frank T. Clarke building, circa 1906. Originally a building supply house the building saw many uses over the many decades. The building was sold in the late nineties by the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
The Frank T. Clarke Building was developed into ten residential condominiums and what is now Big Easy following the guidelines established by the Virginia Department of Historic Resources, the National Park Service and Norfolk's Design Review Committee. This restoration, complete in 2001 represents the first residential development East of Boush St. and set the bar for all restorations, which have followed.
Norfolk Seafood Company and Big Easy
Oyster Bar are affiliated with 456 Fish, Bodega,
Byrd & Baldwin Bros. Steakhouse
American Bistro .